Saturday, July 29, 2006

Neil Humphreys' Autograph Session @ Orchard Kino





Today went for the autograph session of Neil Humphreys'. Went for his 1st session years ago for the launch of his 1st and 2nd books but the stupid thing is that I lost the two books with his signatures *sigh*. So no choice but to buy back the two books and also bought his latest book called "Final Notes from a Great Island A Farewell Tour of Singapore". This is his last book before his leave Singapore after spending 10 years in Singapore which in the first place supposed to be only a 3 month stay in Singapore. Go to here to read about him : http://sg.news.yahoo.com/060717/5/singapore219530.html. Years ago went to Borders for his 1st session and the queue is so short so as Singaporean's way of thinking, I was thinking aiya since 1st time so short so die die the 2nd session must be also short lol... But I am dead wrong. Luckily my auntie went to queue for me beforehand as I need to rush down from work. Once I reached there I almost fainted as the queue is SO DAMN LONG... So both of us waited from 2p.m to about 4p.m which is the end of session but then the queue is also very long around that time hahaha...
I think there are about hundreds of people in the queue. Got lucky draw also. But I dunno if I won antyhing cos we need to rush to our Dharma class that starts @ 3p.m and we are so FREAKING LATE. Neil is very friendly and he apologized for the long wait and I told him it is worth the wait. I asked him when will he return to Signapore and he said he will do so in 1 year later. So in the end he signed on his 3 books and also I was given his poster with his signature... From that instance, the 3 books are my prized possessions. So what are you all waititng for!!!! Go grab his 3 books this very instance.

No comments: